Loan Assistant / Backup Teller - Louisville, KY
SUMMARY: The Loan Assistant/Backup Teller is responsible for providing clerical support for commercial lending activities under the direct supervision of the Market President. Prepare loan documents and files, ensuring the accuracy of information. Assist loan officers with collection of information and processing of loan requests. The Loan Assistant/Backup Financial Services Representative also backs up the teller line. Provides high-quality and professional service to customers at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greet Customers by telephone and in person, taking messages as necessary
- Assist customers regarding Bank services and inquiries
- Compile data for reports and correspondence
- Maintain files relating to Bank business and correspondence neat and orderly
- Prepare appointment schedules, meeting arrangements, and travel itineraries as necessary
- Provide customers with loan inquiries with application forms and monitor for completeness
- Prepare all general ledger and deposit tickets or disbursement checks for loans
- Order Title work
- Complete appraisal order forms
- Prepare loan packages for board review and board approval. Prepare data entry information regarding payment and loan renewal activity
- Handles advances on lines of credit or construction loans. Obtain credit bureau reports for review by a loan officer
- Carry out such other duties as may be assigned or requested
- Assist in daily branch/vault opening procedures
- Teller drawer availability to assist with basic transactions as needed
- Occasional assistance with other operations duties. Receives deposits and loan payments in person or by mail
- Processes cash advances, gift/travel cards, cashiers’ checks, government bonds, and similar transactions
- Disburses cash or for checks/withdrawals and pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances
- Processes assigned cash and transactions, and balances at the end of day
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounter while performing this job's essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
JOB CODE: Level 7
LOCATION: Louisville, KY
SUPERVISOR: Market President