Universal Banker (Head Teller & Treasury Management Representative) - Lexington, KY
SUMMARY: Supervises and coordinates activities of tellers in the branch and, from time to time, must train and retrain staff on various functions associated with branch teller procedures. Responsible for maintaining an adequate supply of money in the branch vault. Services customers through cash intake and dispensing. Performs sales, installs, servicing, and annual reviews of Treasury Management services. Responsible for compliance with bank policy and procedures for staff.
Coordinates staffing and other duties associated with supervising employees. Responsible for representing the bank in greeting clients, identifying their wants, and making recommendations. Passionate about customer service, an expert in the bank’s products and services, and possess professional, courteous, and motivation skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Searches records to assist subordinates in locating and reconciling posting errors or outages.
- Maintains branch vault adequately stocked with cash and coin to service customer base.
- Allocates cash/coin to tellers based on policy and procedures.
- Verifies tellers totals and audits all cash drawers regularly.
- Prepares work schedules from time to time and expedites workflow.
- Issues are written and oral instructions.
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve the efficiency of subordinates.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
- Addresses errors and complaints.
- Handles customer complaints/inquiries professionally and satisfactorily on a case-by-case basis.
- Verifies time records for accuracy and for adherence to policy.
- Reports to supervisor regularly the following: customer count records, staff performance, cash items, staff absences, and other reports deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- Receives checks and cash for deposit verifies amount, and examines checks for endorsements.
- Cashes checks and pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Enters customers’ transactions into a computer to record and issue computer-generated receipts.
- Places hold on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Orders daily supply of cash and count incoming cash.
- Balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at the end of shift and compares totaled amounts with data displayed on teller machine.
- Explains, promotes, or sells products and services.
- Removes deposits from and counts and balances cash in, automated teller machines, and night depository. Accepts loan payments.
- Performs Customer Service Representative (CSR) duties.
- Performs sales, installs, training, and servicing of Treasury Management (TM) services (i.e., ACH Origination, Online Wire Transfers, Positive Pay, Remote Deposit Capture, etc.). Includes visiting TM clients at their place of business.
- May provide a demonstration of a Treasury Management product to a client.
- Performs annual or as needed visits with Treasury Management clients at their place of business.
- Responsible for representing the bank in greeting clients, identifying their wants, and making recommendations. Passionate about customer service, an expert in the bank’s products and services, and possess professional, courteous, and motivational skills.
- Ensure branch compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Directly supervises 3-7 employees in the branch tellers. Carries supervisory responsibilities per the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A) from four-year college or university: or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounter while performing this job's essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
JOB CODE: Level 7
LOCATION: Nicholasville Rd. Branch in Lexington, KY
DEPARTMENT: Teller Operations
SUPERVISOR: Lexington Market President